background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Monday, December 20, 2010

A Special Santa and Gathering

Often the days before Christmas break are wild and tiring. But our faculty and staff took time to gather at Custom Pizza after students were dismissed on Friday, December 17th. The food was delicious, atmosphere cozy, and the company was delightful. We were glad to see Mr. Jemison, our custodian who has been ill for quite some time. We took time to honor him, Mrs. Diane, and Mrs. Mellon. These people keep our school running in tip top shape. We are able to do our jobs because of them!

I got a big surprise from the faculty and staff. The bag was huge and I had no idea what this group had purchased. In fact, I thought they might have stuffed a small child in the enormous sack. It turned out to be a beautiful, jolly ole' Santa. But this Santa was very special and unique... He was bearing a very long list of names....R. L. Young students, every one of them. And of course, all were on the GOOD list. What sneaky folks I work with.....Thanks for making this gift so personal. I love every child on our campus and it was like I was bringing them all home with me. Maybe Santa will leave extra presents when he sees all of their names. hummmmm....

I liked that we were able to catch our breaths before dashing out the door to begin the holiday. I told everyone I had one more task for them...get some rest and enjoy their own families. Educators sacrifice so much of themselves everyday. It is not a job you leave at the door on your way home each day. We are always looking for ways to improve. 

I wish all of our employees a very Merry Christmas...and I am looking forward to a bright new year! 
p.s. Thanks for the Santa. He is beautiful!


No comments :