background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Everyone Needs a Vacation

Everyone needs a vacation...to allow the mind a chance to unwind. A change of scenery aids in accomplishing this.

Unwinding the mind may be particularly hard for folks in the educational world, especially in the field of administration. We interact with so many people on a daily basis. The schools are so important to us, especially the children. Our families sometimes have to wait, call back, or keep supper in the oven until we drag through the door.

My family has allowed me to truly love what I do, listen to my nonstop chatter about R. L. Young, and help me with an endless amount of school based projects. It does help that both of my children, Haley and Luke, attended all of their elementary years at Young. We have a mountain of wonderful memories. They love it, too!

It is important for us to remember our families, friends, and loved ones who were there before we got our administrative positions. I have enjoyed spending time with my husband Stan at the beach this week. We have laughed, reconnected, and just enjoyed catching up. He doesn't make me feel guilty about the time I give to the school or about loving my job.

Of course, none of us is promised tomorrow and the bottom line is that life is really about the quality of our relationships. Relationships are vital to our happiness and an investment of time is extremely important. I am thrilled to have a job where I feel I am making a difference in the lives of children, but I am equally thankful to have such a wonderful husband and family in which to share my life.

No comments :