background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Often homemade gifts are best, especially for Mother's Day! Seeing the teachers this week help students create special surprises for their own mothers reminded me of a special gift I received one Mother's Day. It was a poem written by my daughter, Haley at age 16. I'd like to share it with all the wonderful mothers we have at R. L. Young. I hope your day is special! 
The day you are born, there's someone there
Who will always love you and always care. 
They're there when your life begins
They guide you when you start and praise you when you end.


They're people who know, even when you think they don't 
Advice they give aplenty, even times when advice isn't what you want.
You won't always agree with them, that's for sure
But anytime you're sick, you know they'll have a cure.


It's love that goes beyond all other kinds
It's love that only in one place you'll find
This person teaches life lessons to you
But it's not until later in life when you realize what they told you was all true.


They've been through it all
They'll smooth out the bumps and catch you when you fall.
They both anger and amaze you with their insight
And you hate to admit when you know they're right.


Sometimes things get so rough and you think they're not fair
But they'll still always love you, because they were the first one there.
I know you'll be there until the end.
You're my mom and I'll glad I can call you my friend. 


Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment :

svdbygrace67 said...

Awesome Poem! Thanks for sharing :)I hope you had a Blessed Mother's Day!