background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Friday, June 11, 2010

A Personal Note

Thursday, June 10, 2010
*This post by Ralph Marston is particularly meaningful to me. Often I have people mention that I am always working, they see my jeep at the school after dark, I have "school on the brain", etc. Although it is sometimes difficult for my family to understand, work for me, especially my position at R. L. Young is challenging, but even more rewarding. I am blessed with the best faculty and staff, students that come to school to learn, and parent and community support. Because of all of these factors, I have the freedom to focus on things such as motivating students, recognizing achievements of adults and children, and making the learning environment a better place to be. So thank you for allowing me to post on a personal note and serving as principal of the best school ever!

Meaning in the Effort
Because there is darkness, light has value. Because of the challenges, the rewards have meaning.
The essence of great art is in the authentic physical, mental and spiritual effort that creates it. If it were easy, instant and free, no one would care about it.

When the path becomes steep, that's no reason to despair. For it means you are making progress and nearing the top.

Do you find yourself wishing that life could be easier? Take that as your prompting to go out and make it more meaningful.

Because a life free of effort is not really what you want. What you really want is for every effort to bring a meaningful sense of fulfillment.

When your purpose is clear and honestly you, everything is an opportunity. Feel the beauty of that purpose, and eagerly greet whatever may come.

-- Ralph Marston


Read more: http://greatday.com/motivate/100610.html#ixzz0qYNyv0St

No comments :