background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Thursday, July 3, 2008

Celebrating Mothers Everyday


Although Mother's Day has long passed, mothers should be celebrated everyday by sharing how we feel and why they are so special to us.

Raymond L. Young's fifth graders from R. L. Young did just that in an essay assigned by Mrs. Nelson. The three winners are pictured above and their essays can be read below.

MOTHERS EVERYWHERE...I KNOW YOU WILL BE TOUCHED!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it is my Super Mom!

by Sam T.
I know some people wish they could make their mom vanish, but not me! I love my mom! She is the best mom I know. She would do anything if I needed it. Here are some examples.

When I have a problem she always listens and makes me feel better. Personally, I think she's the best listener in the world. She also keeps my secrets well. Because you know how dads can be. That's one example why she's the best mom ever.

Another reason is how she cares for me when I'm as sick as a dog. She would do anything to make me better. When she's done, I'm as healthy as a horse. That's what makes her superior.

Lastly, the colossal amount of love she gives me. She loves me so much. She works hours so I can have the latest game. Also, she gives me loads and loads of kisses a minute! That's the best thing. My mom is the best, funniest, most loving mom ever. She is the best thing that ever happened to me! Would you want to vanish your mom if she was like mine?
The Giver
by Khason L.

I'm about to tell you why I think my mother is the best mom in the world. She's not a normal mom believe me, but that's what makes her so special.

My mom will go out of the ordinary for me. Like one time we were on our way to church and my mom took a route that took 15 extra minutes just because I wanted to look in Wal-Mart. She goes far away just so I can have stuff.

My mom is also a mom for other children. She fosters children. That's when children come to our house to stay until their parents start acting better. Every child we have loves my mom and I think that is very special.

My mom is always there for me when I need her. She is there when I laugh, cry, play, and grow. There is nothing my mom wouldn't do for me and I love her for it.

My mom always tells me that she loves me more than I know. She has done so much for me just to get me this far. There is no telling how far she'll go for me. I think my mom is the best mom in the world and I wouldn't trade her for anything. There isn't enough words in the world to describe my mom.

The Best Mom Ever!
By Peyton D.

Mom, you have always been so loyal to me. You've encouraged me to be who I am today. I heard you were so excited when I was born.

You took care of me and I am as healthy as could be. You raised me. No matter how stubbborn I got, you still took care of me. You were kind to me all my life and that is why I wrote all of this. You let us get pets, you wash our clothes, and you buy us all of our food and water. (Although I don't drink much water).

You barely fuss at us. You only fuss at us when you are stressed from work. I am so lucky to have you as our mother.

I know you spend all your time working, but it is only because you need to have money to buy us our food and water. You spent like $50 on my Easter present.

I don't know if I am going to be as good a parent as you are, but you are the best mom I could ever hope for! I am so glad I have you. I can't wait to see that Mother's Day smile on your face.

No comments :