background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Saturday, April 21, 2012

And the Winner is....

Every Friday I run several reports from the Accelerated Reader Program to get a picture of how our students are progressing. We encourage everyone (but kinders) to participate in the AR program. We have learned that if kids practice reading with books in their current level, they progress better and faster. Plus, if allowed to read what they like and want to read, they are more likely to do it! 
Regretfully I missed the last day of this school week because of illness. (I hardly ever miss this job that I LOVE!) In a phone conversation with one of my teachers, she mentioned the kids were disappointed that I did not announce this week's winner. 
Well, let me do that NOW...drum roll, please...

The highest comprehension average (98.2) was earned by:
Mrs. French's sixth graders. Please keep in mind that this was done during the week of our ARMT + testing. FANTASTIC effort on everyone's part. All students tested and helped earn this trophy. Now that's team work.
This principal is VERY proud!

No comments :