background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Sunday, June 21, 2009

Read to Your Bunny



Reading aloud with your child opens the doors of true friendship. This gentle routine will soon become a pleasure for you both. Your small efforts of twenty minutes every day for a few early years will bear fruit for a lifetime.
Rosemary Wells...author of "Read to Your Bunny"

I have to admit that among my favorite memories of my children growing up was snuggling with them and sharing a book before bed. Sure, there were many times I read the same book every night for a week. Later I discovered this is one of the first steps in learning to read.

As they got older, I read two books every night because one loved dinosaurs and the other was into "girly" things. That precious time was well spent because today they are both wonderful readers and enjoy books.
So Read to Your Bunny...and they will read to You!

No comments :