background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wild About Reading

"I like to read because it makes you smart. You can make one to. Do you now how to read? Her is a seckret. Just look at the pishts (pictures) thats shows you how to read!" Shawn H. First grade is unique because although the learning to read process begins in kindergarten, (and our K teachers are awesome!) it is truly at this level that the reading skills take root and begin to flourish. Mrs. Bittle, a first grade teacher at Young, asked her students to write about reading.

I like to read because it makes you smart. And its fun. I like books. Thay helps you learn. Some have tables, and bears, and ducks and bugs. A lot of books. I love books. Malorie B.

I like to read because...I can learn new things. And it can be very fun. There are learn books and silly dilly doo books and even how to tie your shoe books. You can have so much fun while reading. Do you like to read? Hunter S.

I like to read because I can. It's hard at first but you can get beter at it. Maddie M.
I love to read because it mean the more you read the better you read. It is because I love it too! It is fun to read a whole lote. The End. Emily Ann W.

I love to read. It make my brain tingle. Lake P.
I like to read because books are cool awsome and every day I read a lot. I read lots of them. Ethan N.

I like to read because I learn about things that are true. And I love reading because reading is fun. Abigail P.

I like to read because you cen git beder grades. Nealie W.

I like to read because I can. Is hard at first but you can get beter at it. I thing it is verey fun. You get beter. Kylie B.

The writing was shared as "kid writing" because first graders need to be given special permission to write how words sound. As they progress on to the second grade, they learn the true spelling of words. This age child must be given time to grow without penalty, unless they are taking a spelling test! One of the biggest tasks of first grade teachers is to develop in each child a love of reading. If they become lovers of books, they will become good readers.

No comments :