background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful and Blessed

Ran across this in the archives and wanted to repost. Nothing has changed. 
I am still SO BLESSED!!!!
When recently asked why I am thankful during this Thanksgiving season, I quickly paused for fear that I would knock them down with my huge response. I am a blessed person in all aspects of my life. Although my days are not trouble free, they are so filled with opportunity and blessings, that I choose not to focus on those things that annoy, disturb, or cause me to fret instead of sleep at night. 


I preach to the students, faculty, and staff that the best tool one has to grow is to be reflective, so please allow me to share the reasons I feel so thankful this holiday.



First, I am thankful that I have a family that understands that to have passion for my job keeps me fulfilled, creative, and happy. 


I am thankful that we live in a country where all children can go to school and learn.


I am thankful that our school is supported by our parents, the community, and a wonderful faculty and staff.
I am thankful that although the folks at the school are different, we are all alike in our beliefs and goals for the students.

I am thankful for an awesome student body. Our children are kind, thoughtful, and considerate of others. Outside visitors frequently share how our students are polite and helpful. The pride they show in the school and in themselves is amazing.


I am thankful to have the opportunity to be on a first name basis with each child that enters our school doors. For Haim Ginott said, "To reach a child's mind, you must first reach his heart. Only when a child feels right, can he think right." 


I am thankful that R. L. Young is truly a good place to learn and grow, for we are all evolving even as adults. Every year gets better and better.
I am thankful for my position as principal. For it is with this job that I can witness growth, effort, and changes in children. They may walk out of our doors eventually, but they are forever in our hearts. 

No comments :