background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Sunday, November 6, 2011

Helping R. L. Young Runs in the Family

                    
First grade at R. L. Young has a bright new face joining them each Friday, Ms. Brenda Joiner. Ms. Joiner is the school's neighbor and is now serving as a reading buddy volunteer. I was curious what the children thought about this nice lady who was willing to volunteer an extra pair of ears to listen to them read.
This is what they had to say:


"She is real nice."


"She has come 3 times. We get to read books."


"She lets everybody read."


"She likes listening to me read."


"She reads to me. I read to her. she helps me with the words."


"She helps me read."


"One time I saw her. We went by her house."


Kind words from first graders. They really like this sweet lady who gives freely of her time to make a difference in the lives of our students, just like her Daddy did. Mr. Joiner served as the crossing guard for many years. The children loved him, too. 
Thanks, Ms. Joiner for helping kids become better readers. We appreciate you and your efforts!

No comments :