background

GROWING LEADERS EVERY DAY!
Our school is proud of the traditions, high expectations, and inviting atmosphere that make it a good place to learn and grow.



Thursday, May 9, 2013

TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK MAY 13 - 17

One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child.

~Carl Jung

Teacher Appreciation Week begins May 13th - 17th at our school.  At R. L. Young, we are blessed to have experienced, dedicated teachers and staff who give their best to the students each day. A note was sent home from our PTO last week to help, if you choose to honor our teachers. Of course, these are only suggestions. Feel free to honor your child's teacher in other ways. 

TEACHER FAVORITES:


Tammy Liner
My favorite DRINK, SNACK, BAKED GOODS: Grape G2, chips and salsa, 
blueberry muffins.
My favorite flower or plant : petunias
My most needed school supply : Clorox wipes
 

Carrie Nabors
My favorite drink: Grape G2
My favorite snack: pretzels, fruit
My favorite baked good: brownies
My favorite flower or plant : ALL
My most needed school supply -Copy paper, Clorox wipes


Roxanne Lamberth
My favorite drink: Diet Dr. Pepper
My favorite snack: small Reese Cups and Snickers
My favorite baked goods: chocolate cake and pound cake
My favorite flower or plant: petunias, Lantana, anything that will bloom all summer
My most needed school supply: copy paper and Lysol spray
 

Cari Wilson
My favorite drink - Coke, water
My favorite snack - anything chocolate!
My favorite baked goods - cookies
My favorite flower or plant:  any
Most needed school supply-sticky notes

Danni Odom-Winn
My favorite drink: tea, water
My favorite snack: cheese crackers
My favorite baked goods: cookie (chocolate chip) or any kind of brownies
My favorite flower or plant: ANY
My most needed school supply - stickers, markers

Selena Nelson
My favorite drink: Pepsi
My favorite snack: Reese's/Snickers
My favorite baked goods: brownies
My favorite flower: Star Gazier Lilies/Gerber Daisies
My most needed school supply: Clorox wipes/copy paper

Linda Haynes
My favorite drink - caffeine free Diet Pepsi
My favorite snack - anything chocolate! 
My favorite baked good - cookies/brownies/bread
My favorite flower or plant - I love all flowers
My most needed school supply - Clorox wipes and regular wipes

Joy Bittle
My favorite drink: bottled water, coffee 
My favorite snack: cashews
My favorite baked good: pretzels
My favorite flower or plant: any kind of green plant or flower, Gerber Daisy
My most needed school supply : Pencils, wipes, and tissues

Joanne Deese-COUNSELOR
My favorite drink: Water
My favorite snack: mixed nuts, dark chocolate, fruit
My favorite flower-Gardenia or Daisy, Lantana
My most needed school supply-clorox wipes

Rhonda Nunn -Reading Coach
My favorite drink: Diet Grapico
My favorite snack: yogurt pretzels, chocolate with nuts
My favorite baked goods: cookies
My favorite flower-Tulip/Gerber Daisy
My most needed school supply-Clorox and regular wipes /Kleenex

Rebecca Armstrong
My favorite drink: water + diet Sunkist
My favorite snack: fresh fruit
My favorite baked goods: no baked goods
My favorite flower-yellow Roses
My most needed school supply-No. 2 pencils and copy paper
 

Teresa Brooks
My favorite baked goods/snacks: chocolate chip cookies, Reese Cups
My favorite flower: Rose, Impatients, Hostas, Geranium
My most needed school supply: copy paper, wipes, and tissues

Kelly Davidson
My favorite drink:Dr. Pepper, water
My favorite snack: Baked Lays, 100 Calorie Snacks, Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
My favorite baked goods: brownies
My favorite flower: Gerber Daisies (all colors) and Blackeyed Susans
My most needed school supply: copy paper, Kleenex, Clorox and baby wipes

Cathy Thornton
My favorite drink: diet Coke or diet Orange Sunkist
My favorite snack: Chocolate anything! Candy bars, Hershey w/almond, Mr. Goodbar
My favorite baked goods: brownies or cookies or bread
My flower: Hydrangea or Roses, Gerber Daises or Hostas, Lantana, any kind
My most needed school supply: red pens, expo markers, clorox wipes, or copy paper

Valerie Harris
My favorite drink: water
My favorite snack: crackers, 100 calorie snacks, fresh fruit
My favorite baked goods: baked chips and brownies
My favorite flower: green plants
My most needed school supply: copy paper, Clorox wipes

Christine Lane
My favorite drink: Diet Dr. Pepper
My favorite snack: Snickers, chips
My favorite flower or plant: any
My most needed school supply: Clorox wipes and Kleenex

Reva French
My favorite drink: Dr. Pepper
My favorite snack:  Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, chips and salsa
My favorite baked goods:  cookies
My favorite flower or plant : pink or yellow Tulips
My most needed school supply: copy paper and Clorox wipes

Chris Stephens
Favorite drink: Coke
Favorite snack: Reese Cups/cheddar chips
Most needed school supply-soccer ball

Bridget Belcher
My favorite drink: water
My favorite snack or baked good: anything chocolate, but NO peanuts
My favorite plant-anything that's not dead
My most needed school supply: Expo markers

1 comment :

Dr. Frank Buck said...

Thanks to every one of you for what you are doing for children!